The Parent Advisory Council functions as a vital conduit between NEAAAT parents, students, staff, administration, and the community to:
- Foster a safe, engaging atmosphere where all feel welcome;
- Advise and inform the school’s strategic initiatives and continuous improvement efforts; and,
- Promote communication, shared understanding, and unity across the school’s diverse body of stakeholders.
The Parent Advisory Council strives to:
- Be a voice for parents and students, so that they feel involved in their education;
- Hold open and honest conversations about what is working and what is not in a productive, non-combative environment;
- Address relevant, high priority issues in a timely manner;
- Continuously improve lines of communication among and between NEAAAT’s stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Provide world class support to parents and students as they navigate NEAAAT’s unique learning environment;
- Support and promote behaviors and choices that enhance safety and high student achievement; and,
- Champion the goals and mission of NEAAAT.
Duties of PAC Members
Parent Advisory Council members:
- Model a strong commitment to stakeholders by devoting their time and talents to NEAAAT;
- Participate actively as a PAC member by attending at least ⅔ of scheduled meetings during the course of a full school year;
- Suspend certainty and adopt an open and reflective mindset;
- Contribute on task forces established to inform future initiatives and priorities;
- Convey concerns, praises, and ideas that exist across the NEAAAT Family;
- Strive to maintain an environment where stakeholders can voice opinions respectfully;
- Raise awareness and advocate for NEAAAT in the community;
- Connect with external resources supporting school needs; and,
- Collaborate with other NEAAAT boards.